Tuesday, June 29, 2010

thing 3

I played with cool iris yesterday-It will be a huge help in my classroom but I need to check to see if you can set "safe search" before I allow my students to use it. It makes the images so much easier to view.I learned about cool iris on the 10 classroom distruptions blog which I enjoyed reading. Last night I watch a show that had a college classroom using phones to take notes and find reaserch-it tied right into this blog.

I did not try Skype since I do not have a webcam but I know a lot of people who do and they all love it. This could be a great way to contact a museum that has a major show and have a docent talk to my class about it. Using a computer projector and external speakers, the images could be veiwable to the whole class. I could contact an artist who would be willing to give a video dmonstration to my class and the students could work along with the master teacher. I see this as a great tool for all subject areas. It would also be fun to interact with students in a different country.

My sister's family all use this as a way to stay in touch with her son in California.

1 comment:

  1. I like your Voki. Skype is really a cool thing, although I've never used it myself (don't really have the need). The students do iChat in the library, and Renee's daughter has virtual dates through iChat. Pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete