Friday, July 10, 2009

Thing 15

library 2.0-I think that we are on the cusp of making our students more interested in school and helping them retain what they are learning. I want now to go look at Open World Cat and see what have been created since the article I read was published. I also like the quote that the library is a social and emotional center while 2.0 is a strategy guide. Also the overcrowded classes like they showed in the video is much like the way I went to school and my sons did. We must change how we teach to meet the iPhone, blogging, facebook generation. Both my sons are in careers that are new and they totally use computers in their line of work. They blog, facebook, twitter and use RSS every day. I hear my students talking this way and I now see ways of sparking their interest. They are like the girl in the video with the sign I am a multi-tasker.
But me, I will always need a "collection" of books-I like to read them and re-read and to go to the library and picks them out.
My nieces do not do this-they use Kendal's or download to their ipods and keep up with the latest books.
I still prefer Libraries.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think we ever won't have libraries, but I agree that we need to really take a look at our kids and their needs. And honestly, I have become a gadget girl now. I'm not keeping up with my teenagers, but I have found myself loving new technology stuff! And the kids at school love it when I get something new so we can talk about it! Eventually, I may speak their language!

    ReplyDelete