Monday, July 13, 2009

Thing 21

See below-I was able to finish this with help from Vaughn! Word to the wise-read your comments!!!!


I did not have the necessary downloads on my computer nor could I get photostory 3 to download.(my compter got almost throught then said it had found an error) I did a search on my computer-found what my compter said was photostory-saved it to my desktop using the directions as stated on Library2Play after I saw no where to upload to a blog. I looked through everything on the site I was using-still no upload to blog. Could send in email-upload to an mp3 player but no blog. I still have what I created from my own pictures plus text,plus music on my desktop-tried adding it through gadgets-none worked-tried the other site in library2play-those wouldn't work either. (I left it trying to upload through gadget photo for over 2 hours!) So I did the assignment-used a few photos I took in Italy but here they sit on my desktop. I loved being able to use pictures I had, add text, add music then have a finished product-BUT-I could not do anything with what I spent all afternoon on except save it to my desktop. The icon shows a photo of a cartoon family with an arrow pointing to the right surounded by a round rainbow. Does that mean anything to anyone??? If I were a kid-I would have given up-but I have spend another hour trying to figure out how to upload when there was no upload on my site nor was I able to go from Library2Play highlighted instruction to anything like what was on their video podcasts. The fact that it was stated that this was on my computer was not correct. Very frustrated but still enjoyed the creating part!
I did have the necessary things-I just didn't know where they were-I did a search and finally up popped Photostory 3 so if you have problems-contact me and I can help you. As the Beatles said "I get by with a little help from my friends!"
Thank you FRIENDS!

7 comments:

  1. oh brother! Let me do some research and see what I can figure out. I know you're frustrated! Aaaahhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gooder...The major problem people have with the Photostory is how it is saved...if you only saved it as wp3 ...it will never load...
    you must save it as a wmv...it takes two screns to save it that way on the save screen . the otehr one is a simple save button.

    you should not have to "save" the program photostory to your desktop...I am a little bit concerned about that statement.

    Please call the Media Center 713-365-5614 between 8-4 and let's see if we can work this out...or better if you can come by! Bring your laptop

    I know you are frustrated but I promise Photostory has been used very succesfully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Suzy! I'm enjoying following your site, and you're almost finished! I've still got a way to go, but I like looking ahead by seeing your posts. The Photostory thing sounds cool. Hopefully you'll get all the kinks worked out before I get there. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gooder..if you are using a district provided laptop..unless sometihng has happened to your laptop, PS IS on your computer.

    Start -->Programs-->APPLICATIONS-->PhotoStory3 for Windows click to open and click Create new story.

    It is part of the standard loadset...hence one of the main reasons for including it in this program!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking at your comments and the feedback from others is helpful for when I get where you are. I hope I do as well as you have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your video, glad you got the kinks worked out!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzy, this video is amazing! I LOVED your story! I want to see more pictures of Italy!

    ReplyDelete