Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thing 8

Just talked to my sons-both use RSS in their work so i am glad to have learned something new. did try on the 4th to add a few sites but it didn't work so I need to go back and reread the directions.


I can see where RSS could help core teacher to keep up with the latest information. As for me, I prob. wouldn't use it that much but I did add it to my igoogle page which won't go away!
I found searching for sites to be a bit harder than the video claimed and some things open wihile others don't. I do believe that I will need to use it more to fully understand.
As a visual learner-I get real frustrated when I can't have written instruction in front of me. Don't show me a video or tell me how to do something and then expect me to remember the steps-I need to see it and do it before I get it!!!!!

So far I like the playing card the best and the add ons for a blog. Just wonder if anyone is out there looking at this.

2 comments:

  1. Someone is looking at it! I found that the more I used my RSS feed, the more I liked it. I am very selective about what I put on mine, though. Put a couple of blogs that you like in yours and see what you think after a couple of days (or weeks).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my iGoogle page, too! I had it before I started this adventure, but now rely on it even more! I have found myself looking at the RSS feeds now that I know how to use Google Reader. Topic switch--what's the playing card you are talking about? I must have missed that somewhere.

    ReplyDelete